Ministry of Industries & Production (MoI&P)'s role is that of a facilitator in creating an enabling environment for industrial growth in the country.
FUNCTIONS OF MoI&P
Functions of Industries and Production Division as laid down in Rules of Business, 1973 are as under:
- National industrial planning and coordination.
- Industrial policy.
- Employment of foreign personnel in commercial and industrial enterprises.
- Federal agencies and institutions for:-
- promoting industrial productivity;
- promoting of special studies in the industrial fields
- testing industrial products.
- Keeping a watch, from the national angle, over general price trends and supply position of essental commodities; price and distribution control over items to be distributed by statutory orders between the provinces, omitted vide SRO 973(1)/2017 dated 25-09-2017 (F.N.4-2/2016-Min-I).
- Import and distribution of white oil.
- Prescription and review of criteria for assessment of spare parts and raw materials for industrties.
- Ghee Croproation of Pakistan Limited, and Pakistan Edible Oils Corporation Limited.
- National Fertilizer Corporation, Lahore.
- Development of Industries (Federal Control) (Repeal) Ordinance, 1979.
- Economic Reforms (Protection of Industries) Regulation, 1972 (Regulation No. 125 of 1972). 46
- All matters relating to state industrial enterprises, especially, in basic and heavy industries, namely:-
- State Engineering Corporation, Karachi.
- Pakistan Automobile Corporation, Karachi.
- Federal Chemical and Ceramics Corporation, Karachi.
- Pakistan Steel Mills Corporation, Karachi.
- Pakistan Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC).
- Any other industrial enterprises assigned to the Division.