Responsibilities of Industrial Infrastructure Development (IID) Wing
Syed Sibt-e-Abbas Zaidi
Joint Secretary (Industrial Infrastructure Development)
- Preparation and implementation of long term (5 years) and short-terms (six months and more) industrial infrastructure development plans, with particular reference to Pakistan-China Economic Corridor.
- Preparation and implementation of trucking policy with the aim to facilitate present fragmented trucking system into a cohesive industry capable of dealing with Pakistan-China Economic Corridor requirements.
- Preparation, Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Development Projects (Funded through PSDP, foreign funded or internally).
- Work relating to Project Monitoring and Evaluation Cell.
- Work relating to Administration and Establishment of following Organizations working in IID Wing:-
- Export Processing Zone Authority (EPZA)
- Ensuring preparation of yearly and quarterly plans for the above Infrastructure development companies attached to MoIP.
- Industrial Safety and Consumer Protection.