Responsibilities of Large Enterprises Development (LED) Wing
Ms. Neelofur Hafeez
Joint Secretary (Large Enterprises Development)
- Policy instructions to boost growth & development in various sub-sectors of industry with particular emphasis on Engineering Sector.
- Enhancements of engineering goods export potential by introducing International quality standards up-gradation of technology to improve producing techniques and processes.
- Industry facilitation through administration of various SROs by Engineering Development Board.
- Preparation and finalization of budgetary proposals especially relating to tariff structures impacting industrial growth, in consultation with Federal Board of Revenue, Ministry of Commerce.
- Overseeing large enterprises development issues like steel, cement, automobile, plastic, leather, sports, paper and pulp, construction and high tech machinery.
- Work relating to Administration and Establishment of following Organizations working in LED Wing:
- Pakistan Steel Mills (PSM)
- Engineering Development Board (EDB)
- State Engineering Corporation and its following subsidiaries.
- Heavy Electrical Complex (HEC)
- Pakistan Engineering Company (PECO)
- Policy Evaluation and Monitoring of Chemicals, Pesticides, Cement, Mining Industry and Surgical Instruments.