Dr. Saifuddin Junejo
Landhi Industrial Area Extension,
Mehran Highway, Karachi-75150
"Export Processing Zones Authority is a Pakistan Government venture conceived and designed to increase and improve the exports of the country. Its main objectives are accelerating the pace of industrialization in the country and enhancing the volume of exports by creating an enabling environment for investors to initiate ambitious export-oriented projects in the Zones which would, as a corollary, create job opportunities, bring in new technology and attract foreign investment.
Established in 1980, the EPZA is one of the fast-growing projects undertaken by the government and carries a great appeal for both local and overseas investors. At EPZA we believe in providing quality services to achieve the goal of “export for progress.” The reason for our success in this venture is simple: we provide service with a mission. And this success would not have come about without active cooperation and participation of some other sectors which worked closely with us and helped us stand where we are today.
The EPZA is pursuing an extensive programme to create a network of export processing zones in Pakistan. These EPZs are being established in close cooperation or under joint venture arrangements with the private sector. We invite you to move ahead and join hands with us for a better tomorrow."
"To mobilize and promote utilization of the national resources, for socio-economic development of the country by enhancing exports. This task is carried out through coordination between national development agencies, external cooperation programs and technical assistance; and through the promotion of private sector investments."
- Developed land on competitive rates for 30 years
- Duty-free import of machinery, equipment and materials
- Freedom from national import regulations.
- Exchange control regulations of Pakistan not applicable
- Repatriation of capital and profits
- No sales tax on input goods including electricity/gas bills
- Duty-free vehicles allowed under certain conditions
- Domestic market available to the extent of 20%. Exceptions may be available
- Presumptive tax @ 1%
- Only EPZA is authorized to collect Presumptive Tax at the time of export of goods which would be final tax liability
- Obsolete/old machines can be sold in domestic market of Pakistan after payment of applicable duties & taxes
- Defective goods/waste can be sold in domestic market after payment of applicable duties, maximum up-to 3% of total value
- EPZ units allowed to supply goods to Custom manufacturing bonds
- One-window operation with simplified procedures
- All facilities like water, electricity, gas and telecommunications made available
- Peaceful, secure, environmentally protected, and pollution-free work area Inter-unit transfer